Need an appointment?
To schedule a primary care appointment, call 919-515-2563 or schedule through the HealthyPack Portal.
About Primary Care
Primary care describes first‐contact health care that’s comprehensive rather than specialized.
Primary care providers handle disease prevention and health promotion, diagnosis and treatment of illnesses and injuries, management of chronic medical problems, and coordination of medical care with specialists. They also educate patients on gaining control of their health.
Our providers see students for a variety of common conditions, including but not limited to:
- Colds and flu‐type illnesses
- Acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries, including motor vehicle accidents (X‐rays can be taken at Campus Health)
- Rashes and other skin disorders
- Headaches and head injuries
- Ear infections
- Sore throat and other mouth or neck problems
- Asthma and other chest symptoms such as chest pain and shortness of breath
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and other gastrointestinal problems
- Exposure to infectious diseases, such as rabies, strep, mono and Lyme disease
- Sexually transmitted disease screening including HIV treatment and counseling, and STI Express (click here for more information).
- Pregnancy testing
- Co-management of anxiety and depressive disorders with the Counseling Center
- ADD/ADHD management
Need a physical exam?
Whether it’s a routine checkup or clearance for ROTC, athletic tryouts, Peace Corps, or other travel plans, our providers can help. We also do checkups for students who want to get their routine medication prescriptions at Campus Health.
We also order lab tests, including but not limited to:
- Cholesterol, anemia, vitamin D and B12 testing
- Diabetes screenings
- Gluten testing
- Thyroid screenings