Need an appointment?
To schedule a primary care appointment, call 919-515-2563 or schedule through the HealthyPack Portal.
*Telemedicine appointments are available for certain Primary Care services. For more information and/or to schedule a telemedicine appointment, please call 919-515-2563. Please note that you must be located in the State of North Carolina at the time of your appointment in order to have a telemedicine appointment.
About Primary Care
Primary care is the provision of integrated, accessible health care services by health care teams that is first-contact and comprehensive, rather than specialized.
Primary care teams are accountable for addressing a large majority of personal health care needs. They handle disease prevention and health promotion, health maintenance, diagnosis and treatment of illnesses and injuries, management of chronic medical problems, and coordination of medical care with specialists. Primary care promotes effective communication with patients and families to encourage them to be a partner in health care.
Our providers see students for a variety of common conditions, including but not limited to:
- Viral Illnesses, such as the common cold, the flu, or COVID-19
- Exposure to and/or Symptoms of other Infectious Diseases, such as rabies, mono, and strep
- Acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries, including motor vehicle accidents
- Headaches and concussions
- Clogged ears and ear infections
- Sore throats and swollen lymph nodes
- Asthma, chest pain, shortness of breath, and other chest concerns
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and other gastrointestinal concerns
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) screening and treatment (Click here for information about our STI Express Clinic and other options)
- HIV Prevention
- Co-management of anxiety and depressive disorders with The Counseling Center
- Co-management of disordered eating concerns with our Nutrition team and The Counseling Center
- ADD/ADHD Management
- Travel Consultation through our Travel Clinic
- Chronic conditions, such as diabetes and hypertension
Need a physical exam?
Whether it’s a routine checkup or clearance for ROTC, athletic tryouts, Peace Corps, or other travel plans, our providers can help. We also provide monitoring and follow ups for students who want to get their routine medication prescriptions at Campus Health.
There are times where Laboratory testing is necessary to help confirm a diagnosis, evaluate a concern, or monitor a medication. We are able to order many lab tests at Campus Health. Appropriate lab testing is determined on a case by case basis with collaboration between the provider and patient. Patients do not need to be fasting (skipping meals) prior to their physicals at Campus Health. If there is ever a time that fasting labs are needed, this will be communicated to you by your provider.