Appointments and Services at SHS
Please call 919.515.2563 or schedule online via the HealthyPack Portal to schedule an in-person or telemedicine appointment. We are not accepting walk-ins at this time. Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a frequent patient, making an appointment at Student Health Services is easy. Check out our appointments page for additional information.
Telehealth appointments are available for minor health issues including, but not limited to, follow-ups, consultations, nutrition, gynecology issues, contraception, and prescription refills. There are a limited number of telemedicine appointments available, so call 919.515.2563 to see if you qualify.
Student Health Services uses HIPAA-compliant Zoom for telemedicine appointments. Before your telemedicine appointment, you will need to complete the Telemedicine Session Consent form which can be accessed on the healthy pack portal HealthyPack Portal.
On the day of your appointment before you enter Student Health there are a couple of things you need to do before you are seen by one of our providers.
- Wear a mask – All persons are expected to wear a mask. If you do not have a mask please let our staff know, and one will be provided for you.
- Come alone – Please do not bring anyone else with you to your appointment. We have reduced the capacity of our waiting rooms to maintain social distancing.
- Complete all forms – Log in to your HealthyPack Portal to fill out any forms prior to your appointment, and to complete the Texting Opt-in/Opt-out form.
- Complete mobile check-in – You can now check in on your phone. Check in using the HealthyPack Portal on your phone.
- Proceed to the waiting area – Please wait in the designated waiting areas for one of our nurses to take you back to your provider.
To expedite the check-in process, we are encouraging students to check in on their phones before entering Student Health. To check in on your phone:
- Make sure your location settings are turned on.
- Log in to the HealthyPack Portal. You will see your appointment listed on the home screen.
- Before checking in select the forms button to complete any forms needed. *Make sure to complete the Texting Opt-in/Opt-out form.
- Once you’ve completed all of the necessary forms, select Check in on the main page where your appointment is listed to let your nurse know you are here.
- Proceed to the waiting area. Please wait in the designated waiting areas for one of our nurses to take you back to your provider.
The pharmacy will remain open Monday through Friday from 8 am – 5 pm (except for Tuesdays when we open at 9 am). We will be closing for lunch daily from 12 pm -1 pm.
If you are experiencing respiratory symptoms, or believe you have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus, please call 919-513-3276 before entering the building.
We fill prescriptions from both Student Health Center providers and outside providers. Prescriptions refill and transfer requests can be completed online via the HealthyPackPortal.
Over the counter medications and other items will still be available inside the pharmacy. Please be mindful of directional signage and social distancing practices while in the pharmacy. Remember to use the provided hand sanitizer when entering and exiting the pharmacy.
If you are currently in quarantine or isolation on-campus and would like to request delivery of over-the-counter medications from the Student Health Pharmacy, complete the COVID Over-the-counter Medication Request form through the HealtyPack Portal. All requests made by 3:15pm (Monday-Friday) will be delivered the same day. Any requests made after this time will be delivered on the next business day. If you have an urgent need and would like to speak with a staff member in the pharmacy please call 919-513-3276.
Our staff is working hard to reduce your risk, while helping to continue your current allergy treatment plan. Your health and safety is our number one priority. Please reference our Allergy Clinic page for the NEW requirements to initiate or continue your allergy care through SHS.
Students, faculty and staff can receive a flu shot from Student Health by making an appointment at Student Health online via the HealthyPack Portal or by calling 919.515.2563. There will be no walk-in Flu shots.
You will need to upload a copy of your insurance card to the HealthyPack Portal and complete any relevant forms prior to your flu shot appointment and present your student ID when seen. Student Health Services accepts the following insurance plans: Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Aetna, Student Blue,Tricare and United Healthcare. Students with other insurance plans will have $25.00 charged to their student account.
You will check-in for your Flu shot appointment using the same process as a provider visit, as shown above.
*If you have been displaying symptoms or not feeling well leading up to or on the day of your appointment or have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past two weeks, we ask that you reschedule your flu shot appointment for a later date.