If you plan to travel, our Travel Clinic provides comprehensive and personalized recommendations, medications and vaccinations based upon both your destination and your itinerary. Services are available to students, faculty and staff. Faculty and staff traveling internationally for personal reasons or on university-related business may take advantage of Travel Clinic services.
Please complete the Travel Form 6-8 weeks before you plan to travel. Remember, most vaccines take 10-30 days to become effective and protective.
How To Schedule an Appointment with the NC State Travel Clinic
- Complete the Travel Registration Form
**Students, please note that upon submission of this form, you will be charged the non-refundable $75 Travel Clinic Fee to your student account**
** Faculty and staff will be charged the non-refundable $75 Travel Clinic Fee at the time of service or billed to your department**
- Once the Travel Registration Form is received and reviewed, you will receive an email (to your NCSU email) from Travel Health 101 containing instructions on how to complete the online training with a login ID and password. (If you do not see this email within 2-3 business days of completing your Travel Registration form, email the Travel Clinic at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to check your spam mailbox for this email as well.)
- Log on to Travel Health 101 (with the link provided in your email. Email comes from a Support email address with the subject “Welcome to Travel Health 101”).
- View the educational video labeled “1-7 Videos for Travelers” (you must view this EXACT video to receive the required verification)
- Watch the entire 25-minute video, “1-7 Videos for Travelers” from Travel Health 101. After you view the entire video, you will receive an email with verification of completion. (You will not receive this verification if you view each video separately.)
- Copy and paste OR forward this email into a response to TravelClinic@ncsu.edu.
- After the Travel Clinic nurse receives your email with verification of video completion, you will receive a message stating that you may now schedule your Travel Clinic appointment through the appointment line 919.515.2563.
**Please note, you will not be able to schedule a Travel Clinic appointment until you are notified by the Travel Clinic Nurse. If you call or email without registering, you will be advised to follow the above steps.
Fees and Costs
- Student Visit: $75 (non-refundable, billed to student account upon submission of Travel Registration form)
- Faculty/Staff Visit: $75 (non-refundable, payable at the time of service or billed to your department)
- Vaccines and Medications: Additional charges
- No show fee for a missed appointment: $25 (billed to your student account)
***Travel Clinic visits at local providers average $100-$150***
- Travel Provider Visit
- Travel Kit (includes first aid supplies, over-the-counter medications, including anti-nausea and anti-diarrheal medications, and thermometer)
- World Health Organization Card or Pocket Immunization Record
- Travel Education
Information For Travelers
The Travelers’ Health website from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides travel notices and articles related to travel-health that will help world travelers prepare to manage illness and injury abroad.
For travel outside of the United States, be sure to carry:
- A valid Passport
- Proof of Travel Health Insurance*
- Yellow WHO Card (if applicable)
*Some countries may require this for entry