Registered Dietitians are available to provide nutrition counseling for current NC State students.
In addition to general healthy eating recommendations, we provide Medical Nutrition Therapy for the following diseases/disorders:
- Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2)
- Disordered Eating Behavior
- Eating Disorders (Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Disorder)
- Food Allergies
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol (hyperlipidemia)
- IBS/IBD/Crohn’s/Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Sports Nutrition
- Unhealthy Relationship with Food and/or Body
- Vitamin/Mineral deficiencies
- Weight Management
If you eat in the dining halls and have a nutrition issue you need help with, the Director of Nutrition and Wellness in Dining can assist you. Lisa Eberhart can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Approach to Nutrition
How to Make an Appointment
Appointments are available Monday-Friday and can be scheduled via HealthyPackPortal or by calling Student Health at 919.515.2563. A $25 no show will be charged for all appointments not cancelled or rescheduled in advance.
Cost of Appointments
Each student is allowed two free nutrition counseling visits per academic year. For each additional visit, there will be a $60 charge that can be billed to your insurance or paid out of pocket.