Student Health Services’ full-service lab provides in-house tests such as complete blood count (CBC), erythocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), urinalysis, and rapid strep, mono or flu. If you need a test that we do not offer, we will send your samples either to LabCorp or to the North Carolina State Laboratory of Public Health.
Getting Your Results
The Student Health provider that orders your lab tests will receive your test results and contact you.
Costs vary per test. Check with your health insurance company to find out what your health insurance policy covers. Depending upon your policy you may be able to receive reimbursement for some or all of these costs.
Outside Lab Orders
We accept lab orders from providers outside of Student Health. All such orders must be received on practice letterhead, script or Labcorp requisition and must include all of the following information:
- Student’s current Insurance information
- Student’s address
- Student’s phone number
- Student’s gender
- Provider’s LabCorp Account Number (8 digit number)
- LabCorp Test Number for each test (6 digit number)
- ICD-10 code and description (reason for testing)
- Ordering provider signature
- Name of ordering provider typed or printed
- Fax and phone number for results reporting/questions
- Full ordering practice mailing address
Coming to Student Health with Outside Lab Orders
- Outside lab orders are accepted up until 4pm, Monday – Friday
- Check in at the Appointment’s desk before coming to the lab
- Bring your lab order and above required information with you to the lab
- You must also bring your insurance card
Student Health serves as a draw station and LabCorp will send the results to the provider who ordered your tests. Please follow up with the provider who wrote the order to receive your results.
Outside lab orders will be billed by LabCorp to your insurance. You are responsible for any cost not covered by your insurance. Please contact your insurance carrier with any questions you may have about coverage.
The Student Health Services Laboratory is accredited by the Commission on Office Laboratory Accreditation (COLA) and the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
Please call 919-513-3283 with any questions regarding the above information.