Students who attend any UNC system university and cannot return to their campus and who reside in the Raleigh area can be seen for acute illness or injury at NC State SHS by calling 919.515.2563. Please have ready your student ID and insurance information.
In an effort to help reduce the exposure of potentially infectious individuals with others and the spread of COVID-19, we are asking that all prescription refills be picked up at the Student Health Services Pharmacy between the hours of 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. (9 a.m. on Tuesdays).
Many students will be traveling back to Raleigh and NC State’s campus from spring break activities soon and some may have concerns about where they traveled or who they have been in contact with. We ask that you stay informed by checking the CDC and NC State coronavirus update websites and continue reasonable precautions. We also realize some of you may come back with or develop illnesses that need attention and others may need to come to Student Health Services for their routine care.
Beginning Monday March 16, all Primary Care and Gynecology Services appointments both for Main Campus and Centennial Campus must be made by calling to the appointments number 919.515.2563. You will not be able to make these appointments online. We are increasing our ability to handle these calls.
All physical therapy, nutrition counseling, gynecology services/women’s health and travel appointments can continue to be made online.
We are making these changes in order to see as many acutely ill students and maintain health care needs and not congregate potentially infectious individuals with others.
As a reminder:
- COVID-19 testing is not performed on healthy people. If you do not have symptoms, we can not screen you for exposure.
- There is no vaccine for COVID-19.
- Effective July 1 and throughout at least the fall 2020 semester, face coverings will be required to be worn by students, faculty, staff, and visitors in all NC State buildings and in all university programs held in nonuniversity buildings. This includes face coverings being worn at all times in classrooms and laboratories.
- Face coverings will also be required in outdoor spaces on campus property where appropriate physical distancing cannot be guaranteed.
- NC State will provide face coverings to all students, faculty and staff who need them. Individuals can also choose to wear their own face coverings.