Fast Facts

History

1889 – Medical care first offered at NC State in Holladay Hall

1897- Infirmary housed in the Alumni  Building

1943 – Infirmary relocated in Clark Hall Infirmary

1947 – First permanent physician joined the NC State team

1975 – First pharmacist joined the NC State team

1994 – The Infirmary ended 24-hour service and began emphasizing prevention and outpatient care

1994 – The infirmary is renamed Student Health Services

1995 – Accredited by The Joint Commission

1999 – The Student Health Center opens housing Student Health, the Counseling Center and Disability Services

2007 – Electronic medical records and digital x-ray systems were implemented

2011 – An addition and renovation to the existing building (totaling 62,103 square feet) was completed

2015 – Dental services added