Faculty and Staff Services at Student Health

Picture of two staff members and Mrs. Wuf

Although our patients are primarily students, Student Health does offer services to faculty and staff. Centrally located on campus, on the corner of Cates and Dan Allen Drive, Student Health is in walking distance from any office on campus. We know NC State faculty and staff lead busy lives, therefor it is simple to utilize some services right on campus; services that you may otherwise have to drive to after work. The services we offer to faculty and staff include:


Whether you are in need of over-the-counter medications or need to fill your prescription, our pharmacy can accommodate any of your needs. Our over-the-counter section is stocked with cold and flu products, vitamins, first aid and much more for very low prices. Have a prescription that needs to be filled? We can fill new prescriptions, refills, have prescriptions transferred to and from other pharmacies, provide educational counseling regarding medication and provide guidance on OTC medications. If you know your prescription number, you can download the Mobile RX app (available for iPhone or Android devices). If you do not know your number you can request prescriptions to be filled in person, or by phone 919.515.5040.

Campus Smiles Dental Office

Campus Smiles has two locations, one in Student Health and the other on Centennial Campus. Campus Smiles offers a comprehensive list of services such as preventative exams, restorative services, oral surgery, Invisalign and much more. Campus Smiles accepts all major PPO insurance plans. If you do not have a plan that covers dental, Campus Smiles offers two in-house discount options for patients. The Dental Discount Plan and the Add-On Plan.

Occupational Medicine

If you are an NC State employee, it may be recommended or required that you participate in medical surveillance based upon the type of work you perform, your work environment and the potential for hazardous exposure at work. Examples of conditions that may require medical surveillance are respirator use, loud noise, international travel, contact with animals, or the exposure to lead, Hepatitis B, rabies, or organophosphate/pesticide sprays.

Occupational Medicine coordinates the exams for respirator use, hearing protection, diving physicals, and nuclear operators (some exams are performed offsite, if necessary). Personnel who work with animals, living or dead, may require medical surveillance in order to minimize the health and safety risk of contact with animal living quarters, viable tissues, body fluids or wastes. If you need to arrange an appointment, please call 919.513.0277 and ask to speak to the Occupational Medicine Program Coordinator.

Travel Clinic

If you plan to travel, our Travel Clinic provides comprehensive and personalized recommendations, medications and vaccinations based upon both your destination and your itinerary. Please register online with the Travel Clinic 6-8 weeks before you plan to travel.

Heartsaver CPR/AED Training

The Heartsaver® CPR AED – Adult, Child, Infant course offers education for those who need certification documenting completed training in CPR and AED for job or other requirements. Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver® CPR AED Course Completion Card, which will be delivered by mail and may take up to two weeks. The completion card is is valid for two years.