Whether you need routine gynecological care or have a specific health concern, we’re here to help.
Women’s Health will be closed from June 21st through July 23rd. If you have questions or need any followup care please call 919.515.2563.
The Women’s Health clinic at the Student Health Center provides a full range of women’s health services in a confidential setting.
- Annual women’s health examinations, including Pap tests, pelvic exams, and breast exams
- Contraceptives, including long‐acting reversible contraception insertions such as Nexplanon, IUDs, and Depo‐Provera injections
- Pregnancy testing and referral
- Minor outpatient gynecological procedures
- Pelvic ultrasound for the evaluation of pelvic pain and other gynecologic problems
- Sexual assault response services to women in crisis
- Plan B (the morning‐after‐pill), which is available in our pharmacy without a prescription
We evaluate, treat, and manage common women’s health conditions, such as:
- Abnormal Pap tests
- Breast disorders
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Absent or irregular menstrual cycles
- Painful menstruation
- Pain during intercourse
- Pelvic pain
- Infections of the vulva or urinary tract
- Genital rashes or warts
- Menopausal concerns
How to Get Your Test Results
We’ll send Pap test results to you through HealthyPack Portal as a secure message one to two weeks after your test. If your Pap test results are abnormal, your provider will call you or send you a secure message as soon as the Student Health Center receives the report. Your provider will ask you to schedule an appointment to review your results. Please make sure to provide us with your current address and phone number so that we can contact you if needed.
There are costs associated with annual physicals, Pap tests, procedures, and laboratory testing. Visit our billing section to learn more about charges and payment.
How to Make an Appointment
You can make an appointment online at HealthyPackPortal or by calling us at 919.515.2563. Learn more about scheduling an appointment.
FC2 Female Condoms Now Available by Prescription
The Female Condom (FC2) is the only FDA approved hormone free contraceptive that also protects against sexually transmitted infections/diseases. Most insurance companies cover 24 FC2 condoms per month at a $0 copay. If you are interested in obtaining a prescription for FC2, please make an appointment with a provider or speak with a pharmacist.
We are interested in receiving your feedback about FC2 this helps us understand how to best serve our female students and provide important education. Please complete this anonymous and confidential survey.