Whether you need routine gynecological care or have a specific gynecologic concern, we’re here to help.
*Telemedicine appointments are now available for certain Gynecology services. For more information and to schedule a telemedicine appointment please call 919.515.7762.
The Gynecology Services clinic at the Student Health Center provides a full range of women’s health services in a confidential setting.
- Annual gynecology examinations, including Pap tests, pelvic exams, and breast exams
- Emergency Contraception, such as
- Plan B – available in our Pharmacy without a prescription
- Ella – prescription needed
- Minor outpatient gynecological procedures
- Pelvic ultrasound for the evaluation of pelvic pain and other gynecologic problems
- Pregnancy prevention methods, including long‐acting reversible contraception insertions (Nexplanon, IUDs) and Depo‐Provera injections
- Pregnancy testing and referral
- Sexual assault response services for survivors
- STI (sexually transmitted infection) testing and treatment including STI Express (click HERE for more info)
We evaluate, treat, and manage common gynecologic issues, such as:
- Abnormal Pap tests
- Absent or irregular menstrual cycles
- Breast disorders
- Genital rashes or warts
- Heavy Periods
- Infections of the vagina, vulva, uterus, tubes or urinary tract
- Menopausal concerns
- Painful periods
- Pain with sex
- Pelvic pain
- Sexually transmitted infections (STI’s/STD’s)
How to Get Your Test Results
We’ll send Pap test results to you through HealthyPack Portal as a secure message one week after your test. If your Pap test result is abnormal, your provider will send you a secure message and ask you to schedule an appointment to review your results and to discuss appropriate management and follow up according to the latest pap guideline. Please make provide us with your current address and phone number so that we can contact you if needed.
There are costs associated with annual physicals, Pap tests, procedures, and laboratory testing. Visit our billing section to learn more about charges and payments.
How to Make an Appointment
You can make an appointment by calling us at 919.515.7762 for the following:
- Annual (alone or with Contraceptive Refill)
- Breast Problem
- Contraceptive Discussion (alone)
- Depo Provera Injections
- Pregnancy Testing and Referrals
- STI/STD Testing and Follow Up
- Urinary Problem
- Vaginal Problem
Some appointments need to be scheduled for longer time slots so that we can fully evaluate your concerns and/or symptoms and to discuss a treatment plan. These appointments need to be scheduled by calling our office. If you schedule these types of appointments online, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment when you arrive. These appointments include:
- Annual Exams with Contraception Discussion (new contraceptive starts or changing contraceptive method)
- Menstrual Problems (irregular or absent periods)
- Pelvic Pain, Pain with Sex
- Any and All Procedures, including:
- Endometrial, Vulvar
- Contraceptive Device Insertions and Removals
- Genital Lesion Treatments
Please understand that if you have never been seen in our clinic or if it has been more than 1 year since being seen in our clinic, we cannot schedule a contraceptive device insertion, removal, or replacement unless you are seen in consult first.
FC2 Female Condoms Now Available by Prescription
The Female Condom (FC2) is the only FDA approved hormone-free contraceptive that also protects against sexually transmitted infections/diseases. Most insurance companies cover 24 FC2 condoms per month at a $0 copay. If you are interested in obtaining a prescription for FC2, please make an appointment with a provider or speak with a pharmacist.
We are interested in receiving your feedback about FC2 this helps us understand how to best serve our students and provide important education. Please complete this anonymous and confidential survey.