** Due to the ongoing local and global health concerns, our staff is working hard to reduce your risk while helping to continue your current allergy treatment plan. Your health and safety is our number one priority.
Our Allergy Clinic provides a convenient location for the continuation of your allergy management and treatment while you attend NC State University. If you get regular allergy injections from an allergy specialist, under most circumstances you can transfer your allergy injections to Student Health Services (SHS) to ensure that your current treatment plan is continued. Your allergy treatment must be initiated at your allergist office (receive at least one injection without adverse reaction) prior to your first appointment with our Allergy Clinic. If you are suffering from allergy symptoms but are not currently seeing an allergist, a Primary Care Provider at SHS can refer you to a local allergist.
Please review the NEW requirements to initiate or continue your allergy care through SHS.
Prior to Your Initial Visit
- Download the Allergy Clinic Packet – Please read and complete these forms with your allergist.
- Complete your Health History Form (found on the HealthyPack Portal)
- Upload flowsheets (paperwork documenting your history of allergy injections) and orders through the HealthyPack Portal
- Once ALL forms from the packet have been completed and signed they may be faxed back to us at 888-972-4158 or uploaded through the HealthyPack Portal.
- Forms will be reviewed by our Allergy Clinic staff. Once ALL required forms have been received and reviewed, you will be notified through the HealthyPack Portal to call 919-515-2563 and schedule your initial allergy visit. Appointments cannot be made online. You will not be able to receive your allergy injections at SHS until the initial appointment has been completed.
What To Bring To Your Initial Visit
- Allergy Serum
- Current Flowsheets (paperwork documenting your history of allergy injections)
- Your Epi-Pen (if required) – Make sure it is not expired
- Download and complete the Physician Order for Allergy Immunotherapy – Have your allergist complete this form.
- Download, complete, and sign & date the annual PHI Authorization form.
- Upload both completed forms through the HealthyPack Portal.
- Current allergy flowsheets (paperwork documenting your history of allergy injections) and orders must be uploaded to the HealthyPack Portal or faxed to us at 888-972-4158.
- Forms will be reviewed by our Allergy Clinic staff. Once ALL required forms have been received and reviewed, you will be notified through the HealthyPack Portal to call 919-515-2563 and schedule your allergy injection visit. Appointments cannot be made online. You will not be able to receive your allergy injections at SHS until these steps have been completed.
Allergy Clinic Contact Information
Phone: (919) 515-2563 Fax: (888) 972-4158
Fees for Allergy Injections
There are fees associated with your allergy injections. Prior to your first appointment, please contact your health insurance provider to discuss your coverage and fees. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm that Student Health Services has their current insurance information on file. Charges will be submitted to insurance and any charges not covered by insurance are the responsibility of the student.