Student Health Services offers confidential, professional health care ranging from general medical care to specialized treatments—all conveniently located on campus. Our capabilities extend to allergy injections, immunizations, travel medicine advice, laceration repair, and X‐rays.
Our physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dietitians, physical therapists, and pharmacists treat students with common acute and chronic care problems. We provide care for a wide range of issues including injury management, diabetes, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, ADHD, anxiety, depression and sports medicine.
Our team has extensive experience with the developmental, emotional, educational, and medical needs of young adults. We’re here to help all NC State students thrive, and we support them in a respectful and non‐judgmental way. If you need care outside of what we provide, we’ll connect you to a trusted medical specialist with the right training and expertise.
Our Health Services for Students Include
- Primary care : See a provider for general medical services, such as treatment for illnesses and injuries, health screenings, and routine care.
- Women’s health : Get routine gynecological care, contraceptives, pregnancy testing, and Plan B (the morning‐after pill, no prescription required).
- Physical therapy : Learn how to recover after an injury or surgery, improve joint and muscle function, or correct a chronic condition as you work with a licensed physical therapist.
- Nutrition Counseling : See a Registered Dietitian for healthy eating recommendations or Medical Nutritional Therapy.
- Pharmacy : Fill a prescription, get over‐the‐counter (OTC) medications, or talk to a pharmacist at our licensed pharmacy.
See a specialist without leaving campus. Through our partnerships with local clinics, we bring in:
- Dentists : Doctors who treat teeth and gums.
- Dermatologists : Doctors who treat skin conditions.
- Orthopaedists : Doctors who treat deformities, disorders, or injuries of the skeleton and associated structures, such as ligaments and tendons.
- Gastroenterologists : Doctors who study and treat diseases of the stomach and intestines and their associated organs) as needed.