Fast Facts

History

  • 1889 – Medical care first offered at NC State in Holladay Hall
  • 1897- Infirmary housed in the Alumni  Building
  • 1943 – Infirmary relocated in Clark Hall Infirmary
  • 1947 – First permanent physician joined the NC State team
  • 1975 – First pharmacist joined the NC State team
  • 1994 – The Infirmary ended 24-hour service and began emphasizing prevention and outpatient care
  • 1994 – The infirmary is renamed Student Health Services
  • 1995 – Accredited by The Joint Commission
  • 1999 – The Student Health Center opens housing Student Health, the Counseling Center and Disability Services
  • 2007 – Electronic medical records and digital x-ray systems were implemented
  • 2011 – An addition and renovation to the existing building (totaling 62,103 square feet) was completed
  • 2015 – Dental services added
  • 2018 – Opened Primary Care, Physical Therapy and Nutrition Counseling services on Centennial Campus