10 Reasons to Join Pack Peers
NC State students are busy with classes, work, homework, family, friends and other commitments. So why do we suggest that you add another thing to that list by joining Pack Peers? Because it can not only impact your experience here at NC State but also impact your future career in a hugely positive way! We have listed the top ten reasons on why you should join this student group, and to help you decide if the commitment is worth it; we really hope it is!
- Become a part of a highly skilled, diverse team of students who are committed to providing engaging, accurate and nonjudgmental health information to the NC State community.
- Have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of the Peer Pack Program.
- Gain extensive knowledge and training about contraception, sexually transmitted infections, body image, eating disorders, nutrition, healthy habits, flu prevention, health promotion theory and evaluation, and much more.
- Develop leadership, program planning, presentation, communication and group facilitation skills.
- Gain practical experience in a safe and supportive environment.
- Network and engage with peers, faculty and staff who are also interested in health promotion and education.
- Expand your resume.
- You will be giving back to the NC State community.
- Cultivate social skills and learn to how to talk with people from different backgrounds, interests, cultures and countries.
- You will make new friends and have fun!!!
Pack Peers will be having an Interest Meeting on Wednesday, April 27th at 2:00 pm in Student Health room 1315. This is an open meeting for all who are interested! For questions or if you are interested in joining Pack Peers, please email email@example.com.